One of my desires for 2016 is get to know God better. My plan for that is to talk to him more often. I am really excited to launch a prayer challenge for some intentional prayer time! One of the ways I've learned to pray is by using the alphabet. This idea came from my dear Aunt & Uncle. When my Aunt shared her process of prayer time, I fell in love with the idea and I hope you will too. Every day, she prays through the alphabet lifting up specific people by name. (I'm telling you, it is a unique and precious gift to have others praying over you daily.)
SO, FIRST AND FOREMOST, I URGE GOD'S PEOPLE TO PRAY.
THEY SHOULD MAKE THEIR REQUESTS, PETITIONS,
AND THANKSGIVINGS ON BEHALF OF ALL HUMANITY.
1 Timothy 2:1 Voice
I would love for you to join me and others as we take a few moments out of our day to be intentional with our prayers. Let's pray through the alphabet together! On February 1st, we will begin with the letter A and continue each day with a new letter. I will post the letter prompt along with scripture and inspiration on my ink and mouse Facebook page (click over to like my page so you don't miss anything!). I would love to see our social media feeds flooded with prayer warriors taking on this challenge. Will you join me?
Ways to participate:
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR. If you visit my EVENTS page, click on the A-Z Prayer Challenge. You can set up the event in your calendar by clicking Google Calendar or ICS.
- LIKE the ink and mouse Facebook page where I will post the daily prompts. CLICK HERE.
- SHARE the letter of the day on your facebook, instagram, twitter or any social media of your choice.
- INVITE friends to join you in prayer.
- COMMENT with your prayers on social media to encourage others with things they can lift up in prayer.
- PRINT the A-Z Prayer Challenge list in the free printable section. You can begin to fill-in your alphabet prayer list and start praying over your alphabet daily or take one letter a day.
I admit I am a tad nervous because I have never hosted a challenge like this before! Even as I type this post, I feel the doubt, fears, and insecurities creeping in. My excitement to see how God will grow our hearts in connection with him, far outweighs my fears about stepping into a prayer challenge. I really want to meet God on a deeper level this year and the accountability of this challenge will be so good. Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you on Monday to begin our A-Z prayers!